Monday, March 29, 2010

a visit to the hospital

yesterday , I had quite the experience. I woke up in the middle of the night sicker than I had ever been. I will spare you all the details but needless to say I was miserable. I kept hoping that I would miraculously feel better. Hour by hour I felt worse. At 3 pm I went to the local hospital where within minutes they were treating me for dehydration and a bladder infection that had spread to the kidneys. I realized how incredibly lucky I am. I have a husband who drove me and a facility that took awesome care of me and insurance that would cover the several thousands of dollars of tests.
I also realized that I have colleagues that were willing to pitch in this morning to let me go on slow speed so I can get up to gear. As Passover and Easter begins it is important to take count of all our blessings and that is exactly what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment