Monday, May 18, 2009

Gearing Up for the end of school year

Yesterday I went with my children and a friend to the mall.  We were graduation shopping.  All I saw was moms with their babies in their strollers.  Then I saw young children playing in the Build a Bear workshop.  What happened with my children? Where did the time go?  I am so sad that the days have gone by.   This week is my daughter last ballet recital.  She started when she was 3---and now 14 years later it is over.

What I have learned--
today when I go to my son's lacrosse game I am going to focus and be grateful that he is still in high school and I can go to the game ( an added bonus is it is not raining!).  I am reminded how much I love my children and get to hug and kiss them one more time.

I have also learned that I am not done being a parent and that I still get to make my mark on them.  I am infusing as many of my values as I possibly can.  I am motivated to have that extra discussion with them.

Lets all enjoy the day to day routines before they are over!!


No comments:

Post a Comment